CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

7.04.2008

Comin' to America...

Has to be in my Top Ten Neil Diamonds songs. I mean really, what other song makes one want to jump up and belt-- not sing-- along? And, believe me, hand actions and dancing follow. If you ever want a private showing, let me know. But I digress...

With today being the 4th of July, I can't help but give in to the love and respect I have for America. My dad taught us early on as children that we are very blessed to be Americans. His example of patriotism has had a lasting impression on me. I can't remember a holiday where displaying the flag would be appropriate and it wasn't done at our house. As an adult, I have found that my love and sense of joy to be American have increased. I tend to cry when hearing the National Anthem, get choked up when hearing about the heroic efforts soldiers past and present have displayed, I love pledging my allegiance, and more anything am grateful for the rights and privileges I have because of where I live. It truly is great to be an American!

I hope you all have a great 4th!
~B

1 comments:

Ritch in Love said...

I have always been a HUGE fan of the song! Oh yes, I belt it too!