CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

6.26.2008

Magic Shell (Wednesday's Wisdom on Thursday Part II)

Is the best stuff ever invented. Where else can one tap into a chocolaty shell only to discover more delicious goodness hidden underneath-- namely Cherry Garcia? That's right-- no where. The creators of Magic Shell got it right when they created Magic Shell. While Magic Shell is meant to cover ice cream, I believe that life in general has several versions of Magic Shell of its own that, every once in a while, I have been able to tap into and relish the goodness hidden underneath.

We have all been blessed with a family. I am hoping that yours is a wonderful as mine. Because, I'll tell you what, it only takes a few taps on my family to start enjoying the oozing goodness that comes out. I can't think of a group of people more willing to listen when you need to talk (I have the fondest memories of laying on my parents bed at night talking to my mom and feeling completely safe and loved), or a group of people that make me laugh until I snort (seriously, there is nothing more funny than watching my family watch America's Funniest Home videos), or more fun to go shopping with (sometimes I think I use shopping as an excuse to just spend time with my sisters), or a better neighbor (my dad is wonderful neighbor because he is also your friend.) Luckily, the "magic" in the shell that holds us together is the incredible amount of love and respect we have for each other and for those around us.

Another shell in my life are my friends. I have wonderful friends and they are living wonderful lives. I love it when I am invited tap into their worlds and enjoy the goodness flowing out that comes from marriage announcements (Sharon!), kids (I may not have any of my own, but let me just tell you, my friends kids are the cutest ever. EVER.), their talents, and most importantly, their time. My friends are the most genuine, loving, fun group of people. I could, and hope, that I get to lick the bowl clean with all the goodness that oozes out from their shell. So, okay, not literally lick clean, I mean really, that is gross, and maybe I have taken this metaphor a little further than I should've, but you get my point. My friends are great.

Finally, I am grateful for the magic shell of the Gospel. All of us have tapped into it, at one time or another, and tasted of the perfection that lies underneath. Serving a mission, going through the temple, helping a loved one pass on, have all been experiences where I have been covered in the goodness of the Gospel and the power of the Spirit. I am able to tap into this shell everyday and feel of the love and power that is contained in the Gospel. It truly is sweet.

I hope I never stop tapping into shells-- you never do know what is underneath, but from my experience, I have nothing to loose. Goodness, and love, and happiness always are tucked underneath.

Mmmm, Cherry Garcia is calling my name....

1 comments:

the Rew Crew said...

Chubby Hubby is calling mine...literally and figuratively...anyway, I hear ya on this post! Your family is the best! And I think we once made magic shell in science class with baking powder or something of the sort, I really can't remember.