CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

5.26.2008

It Will All Get Better With Time

At least that is what Leona says. You know, the same Leona that also claims that she is bleeding love. She seems a little confused, but so am I. I guess that is why she and I relate so well these days.

The Man and I are back to taking separate paths. He needs to take care of some residual divorce issues that he has ignored and is heeding the very wise counsel of his bishop by not dating for the next little while-- six months to be exact. Well, at least that is what he has told me. I completely support him taking a break and taking care of himself-- he deserves nothing less than complete happiness and that will only happen if he tackles the emotional wounds of his divorce head-on. And, if that means no dating, well, then, that means no dating. I only hope that means no dating anyone else and not just no dating me.

As much as I know this "break" (we won't call this a "break-up" quite yet-- that seems way too final) is best for The Man, I know that it is also good for me. I need to take some time to focus on what really matters right now-- my family and friends. I tend to neglect these two groups when I am dating. Isn't it weird how the stability family and friends offer goes out the window for the perceived stability of a love interest? Then again, maybe it's just me. I do tend to err on the side of selfishness.

So, as much as I waiver back and forth on how I really feel (felt?) about The Man, one thing I know for sure is that Leona is right. One way or the other, time will pass and things will get better. I have my secret wish for how I hope things will turn out, but understand that regardless of the outcome, in six months I will be in a much better place than where I am at now and, that may or may not, include him. And that's okay.

~B

2 comments:

the Rew Crew said...

Call me, call me, call me.

And BTW, you are one of the least selfish people that I know.

And "I love my body" too!!

LOL

eclaires said...

Wise woman. Wise woman. I'm glad you're going to spend some time focusing on me. It's about time! :)