CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

5.12.2008

Seriously? Shayne?!

So, for those that may not know this deep, dark secret of mine, here it goes. I am an avid Bachelor fan. Before you all go telling me how trashy the show is with all its choreographed make-out sessions (which, by the way, are always well done), liquored up girls (how else are they going to get the make-out sessions?), and incredibly handsome, but one huge tool of a man, let me just agree with you right now. I know the show is trash, but as a good friend has said (hi there, Sarah) one sometimes needs a little trash TV. I know I do.

Anyway, tonight was the finale-- the MOST dramatic, romantic rose ceremony ever. Grant ( the gorgeous tool) had to chose between Shayne-- the LA starlet looking for love, not her big break; or Chelsey, the home town girl that can arm wrestle with the best. Guess who he proposed to? It really shouldn't be a big surprise, but I was a bit shocked when he dumped poor Chelsey right in front of national TV (makes my recent break-up a bit more humane. I just got dumped the old fashioned way via text-- but more on that later. There are updates. Good ones.) She was a good sport about the whole thing. She only stopped once on the way to limo to send her on her way to call Grant out on the foolish mistake he was making. I have to admit it was quite dramatic. Then Shayne pulled up. And, I got sucked in. I was happy for her. And, I believed it when she said she loved Grant. Then he proposed. Then the sunset. It was seriously the most romantic rose ceremony ever.

Long story short, The Bachelor, has re-instilled my faith in love and that things will work out. See, trash TV has its purpose. Now, I know that I may not get to be part of "the most dramatic rose ceremony ever", but The Man, (here's the update) has a way of making phone calls the most romantic phone calls ever. EVER. And, that my friends, is better than trash TV any day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Bethany Harmon. What kind of welcoming party can I expect the next time I see you?......:)

Ritch in Love said...

LOL!! I love that show! I watched every second and LOVED it!! Had to say hi! Found ya through Em's blog. Will be taking peeks here and there!

Anonymous said...

I knew it would be Shayne. I hope they get married and have babies and live a great life.

It really was fun to watch. The romantic in me came out and I giggled with them.

Now what is this about The Man? Perhaps a phone call to your big sister is in order?

the Rew Crew said...

Um, you need to please call me because I need a more detailed update than that little post.

Way to go on embracing trash tv!!

Nathan and Emily said...

Ah the trash. Don't be ashamed up until this year my secret shame was Flavor of Love! That show makes the bachelor look like PBS!
I must admit I watched the finale and believed everything!
Um so the phone call....